Supervisor, Machining - 2nd shift Weekdays
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Assists with supervision of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties. Directly supervises 40+ employees on the Machining floor. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise production employees in a growing CNC Machining environment.
- Maintain communication with 1st shift supervisor and programmers to ensure order-fill process and team shift transition.
- Facilitate and participate in necessary training of production employees.
- Allocate personnel to complete production schedule.
- Collect and analyze production data to facilitate fact-based management.
- Review payroll detail reports and make correction in compliance with company policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-8 years related experience
- Associates degree a plus
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Direct machining experience in CNC Milling, CNC Turning, Swiss etc.
- Understanding of GD&T and inspection practices
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts using all units of measure.
- Prior experience with Kronos and Oracle a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Excel to compile and present data in visual formats.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.