Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Category: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: San Antonio, TX
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Position based in San Antonio, TX
- Plan, design, and improve manufacturing processes in Metal Injection Molding (MIM) supplier’s plant located in San Antonio Texas & Bangalore India (70% Texas / 30% India). Occasional travel also required to other MIM suppliers around the world (Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Hungary).
- Recommend and implement changes and enhancements to manufacturing procedures to improve quality of products.
- Experience with control plans
- Inspection techniques
- Gage R&R & Bias
- Evaluate and improve product designs for manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stack-ups.
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical systems and manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise required include but not limited to:
- Metal Injection Molding
- Plastic Injection Molding
- High volume CNC machining fixtures
- Gage design
- Machine / Tool Design
- Heat treatment of Metals
- Metal finishing
- Originate and develop new systems and processes and manage teams to successfully implement into production.
- Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
- Keep track of open issues and drive all projects to closure.
- Perform as technical leader and resource to co-workers while actively mentoring less senior engineers and quality inspectors / technicians
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist
Job experience, skills and abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 10 years of experience or 15+ years of experience with trade apprenticeship or equivalent metal trades experience in a related field
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD system
- Good working knowledge of materials and heat treating processes.
- In depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be able to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.