Sr. IT Desktop Support Technician
Category: Information Technology
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc. has a vision to be recognized as the most innovative, customer-driven company in shooting sports, personal defense and law enforcement/military, delivering uncompromising quality. We have goals of world- class excellence and achievement in all of our business operations.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced Sr. IT Desktop Support Technician to join our team.
The Desktop Technician's role is to support and maintain the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Perform installations, maintenance and repair work on any computer related equipment that supports the business from laptops, desktops, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones (ex. Blackberry’s, iPhone’s, Android’s), printers, local area networks, wide area networks, any piece of computer related peripheral or software an end user would be using. An IT technician has to perform the majority of the mentioned tasks while providing a high level of customer service to the user to include senior level managers and executives.
- Monitoring and maintaining technology for maximum access, which includes:
- Connecting and setting up hardware
- Installing work stations
- Loading all necessary software
- Providing network access and connectivity to the staff
- Monitoring security
- Enforcing corporate security standards at the desktop level
- Advising I.T. Management about any security breach
- Ensuring that lock out programs are installed
- Troubleshooting all issues in a timely manner
- Adhering to corporate I.T. design, such as IP address schemes
- Maintaining a list of necessary maintenance and repairs
- Researching both current and potential services and resources
- Making recommendations about the purchase of resources
- Identifying and preparing hardware for safe disposal
- Ensuring hardware is secured and stripped before disposal
Ensuring technology is equipped with the latest hardware and software and is accessible, where the main activities are:
- Troubleshooting network operating system, software and hardware.
- Being familiar with network operating system, software and hardware.
- Work within a ticketing system and create documentation for new processes.
- Training staff to maximize the potential of existing technology.
- Taking new users through the orientation process.
- Providing individual support and training upon request.
- Providing recommendations about support and information access.
- Maintaining an updated inventory of software, hardware and resources (Dell KACE experience a plus).
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with outside vendors and internal staff.
- Ability to punch down network lines and test.
- VOIP experience a plus
- Performing any other IT related duties during working hours and when necessary sometimes after hour on-call work
- 3-5 years of experience in a Help Desk role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Knowledge of Dell equipment, Microsoft Windows 7 through 10, Active Directory, LAN/WAN and general printer know-how.
SIG SAUER, Inc.. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.