Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Key Deliverables include:
Plan 2019 + Revisit SIG’s Path
Deepen our plan – working from existing framework, develop Plan 2018 and 5 Year Plan to SIG targets, developing plan by business unit, product line, and cost center for SIG’s
5 business units
6 product lines
All cost centers
Fixed, variable cost breakdown
Cost Structure - Profit leverage of fixed, semi-fixed costs
Rules / Guidance – amount allowed to grow
Drivers more articulately spelled out (update prior work done)
Various dynamics to include increased capacity and internal capabilities – envisions for 2018 and beyond
Messages out to mgrs., cc owners
Incorporate the moving parts going forward including (a) new wins, (b) current market dynamics (e.g. commercial firearms), (c) Operations improvements
Co-Lead or lead major projects - e.g. top 30 cost reductions project (a cross functional Project) – target and achieve savings expected. Help structure, drive process and result including $ savings to be achieved, timing, assure accountability);
Quantify, validate savings – what we can truly earn, timing
Spotlight / draw action to opportunities (a) identified but (i) )not moving fast enough vs realistic expectation or (ii) actioned at all, and (b) items unidentified. Items discussed but without legs for example include: (1) expedited freight, (2) costs to reduce from SQE, vendor non-conformance, etc., (3 ) alias transactions – ammo usage, (4 ) other items (see separate list)
Greater metrication within SIG (spotlight):
Metrics daily – push within SIG, action using metrics at we already have. Assure understanding, action; accountability. (a) revisit KPI’s already developed but where we’re not actioning, (b) tweak, (c ) use
Metrics we should add
Revisit the current Financial Analyses / Reporting to improve: (a) analyses Real Time or “In the Month” as SIG Finance calls it: - e.g. data/dialogue with Commercial Sales mgrs.4 X per mo – Sales, Margin $ and Margin % by product platform, SKU’s enabling action / adjustment. So where else? How to Automate?
Assure cost center (major cost centers) reporting and push action / accountability by cc mgrs using data provided – assure coverage i.e. reporting to all centers + face to face with major cc’s re: variances and assure actions by managers aided with data from reports provided
Cash Flow Generation: (a) goals – define what SIG should be, (b) variance: what does SIG need to do to improve its cash generation, a weak metrics in our performance currently
Incorporate improvements, tracking and hold to plan – inventory improvements
Various Projects pertaining to Business Units, Product Lines, cost centers – as needs arise. Work not only with EVP / CFO but also EVP Strategic Planning on various industry or internal analyses as needed.
Additional Responsibilities / Key Contributions
- Supervising existing staff of 2+ persons
- Reporting (P&L packages with analysis + cost center statements) to respective business leaders. Assure understanding of variances and ACTION plans to address
- to Key reports (knowledge of what is available + analyses) to assist Finance Cost Team – reports available which track output daily (slides, barrels, etc) per earned hr, etc
- Utilization of machines vs impact to inventory
- New Product Introduction – expectations
- Optics – follow SIG processes. Education and training
- Assist costing areas – e.g. suppressors
Additional Potential Projects
- Contribute to evaluation of Hyperion – new potential tools to (a) provide reporting at month end and during the month + (b) use as a planning tool
- Specific analyses as business warrants
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, or related field - preferred.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and lead by example.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Financial analyses and report writing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work with minimal direction when necessary to support the group’s objectives,
- Past experience creating business plans would be a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to interpret complex data in meaningful and relevant ways
This is a high visibility position reporting to the CFO and working closely with senior business managers as well as members of “C” suite. Position contributes to the company’s strategies and milestones to achieve overall milestones. SIG is a premier manufacturing firm with over 1,800 employees and the leader in its field.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.