Category: Engineering R&D
Location: Epping, NH
The Range Assistant reports daily to the Research and Development Supervisor and will directly support the R&D staff at the Academy. This individual must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision. Additionally this individual must be able to work in a team environment as well as with various personnel from all SIG SAUER departments. The goal is to support the company along with R&D at the Academy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Engineers and Test Technicians with setting up and operating testing equipment.
- Ammo “maintenance” (organize, inventory, stock) Ammo Conex.
- Organize and replenish paper and cardboard targets in the Ammo Conex.
- Maintain steel and paper targets (paint, inspect, small repairs such as replacing bolts).
- Coordinate and schedule Range use by various departments
- Perform Range Master duties when Research and Development Ranges are in use.
- Conduct inventory of firearms and equipment (tools et al.) utilized by R&D.
- Load magazines and clean firearms that are in the testing process.
- Support the Exeter Range Master at the Exeter facility when needed.
- Inspect, clean, and organize the facility.
- Ensure ammo is ordered for upcoming testing.
- Monitor Ranges for damage and conduct repairs.
- Clean and maintain testing equipment and machinery.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting the needs of a rapidly changing environment.
- Tasks may include general facility cleanup and repair, schedule and monitor facility use by multiple SIG SAUER departments.
- This position may require standing for long periods of time.
- Working in dusty, dirty, hot or wet conditions, possibly confined spaces, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work is both inside and outside during inclement weather conditions
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.