Category: Quality Control
Location: Portland, OR
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
This Position is responsible for all aspects of MRB Process. Instructs departments on what and how they should be processing rejected material. Collects, organizes, monitors and distributes information related to quality and process improvement functions, possibly including compliance and documentation related to customer requirements and quality management standards. Typically generates reports and information using computer skills and distributes those reports to various users in the organization or those directly interfacing with internal/external customers and suppliers. Involved in quality improvement projects and cost of quality activities, but not necessarily full-time. Does not necessarily have primary responsibility for traditional quality management, assurance or control activities.
- Champion daily MRB meetings and process materials according to the decisions made. Processing will include, but is not be limited to, generating NMR’s, rework and returns per Quality management/engineers direction, updating of short sheets as required to help eliminate escape to the floor.
- Trains various departments on how they should be processing/managing their rejects as not all should be processed through MRB.
- Produce reports on MRB volume and progress on a daily and weekly corresponding time frame. These reports are to high light volume and actions being taken to process. Additional reports on CA being processed weekly to eliminate are also required
- Generate visual aids to help with cosmetic requirement acceptance using the standard company format and attaching to receiving files. This will also include working closely with assembly line staff in verifying training and posting of these visuals is accomplished as required.
- Assist Quality Engineers in development of WI’s to manage inspection, assembly line tasks and supplier notification/training. Perform these activities and report results to responsible QE staff.
- Work closely with inspectors to verify product failures, review inspection files to assure integrity and report formally and verbally on discrepancies found during reject verification.
- Use the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform movement of material, create rework job routings and any other function required to perform job duties.
- Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
- Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality productivity, look for reduction in cost and unnecessary or low priority work
- Participate on problem solving teams for driving to root cause of internal and external quality failures, particularly related to prevention of customer escapes
- Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities, including requests for maintenance assistance when needed
- Additional tasks as required
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use drawings to locate required dimensional requirements
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel, as well as, skills in MRP systems (e.g., Oracle)
- Basic knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function
- Able to lift packages up to 25 lbs
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specified activities
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.