Mechanical Inspector II - Electro-Optics
Category: Quality Control
Location: Portland, OR
Mechanical/Dimensional Inspector II Electro-Optics
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Can perform all tasks in Receiving Inspection Level 1. Responsible for all aspects of quality inspection of the company’s products, using metrology tools and techniques. Performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine inspections in the production process using pre-determined methods, including visual, dimensional, mechanical, test, functional, with part set up, collimator set-up for optics verification. Also includes production support; data collection; troubleshooting and root cause analysis; and workplace organization and safety.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficient/effective planning and performance of routine and non-routine mechanical inspection using pre-determined methods for product acceptability.
- Verify their inspection data with double gaging to assure integrity and resolve discrepancies found during part inspection. Support Quality Engineering with MRB identification and processing of discrepant material.
- Using the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform movement of material, create job routings and any other function required to perform job duties.
- Implementation of expedient methods of inspection in order to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives. This includes assistance in the validation of fixtures and gauges.
- Using corrective action system and subsequent follow up process to resolve deficiencies found during job function.
- Assuming administrative duties in the absence of supervision in order to comply with company directives.
Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminate unnecessary or low priority work; initiate and encourage others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- Perform all duties of L1 Inspector
Participate on problem solving teams for driving to root cause of internal and external quality failures, particularly related to prevention of customer escapes
Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities, including requests for maintenance assistance when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Includes proficiency with layout methods and techniques with traditional measuring devices including but not limited to; (e.g., collimator, diopter, optical comparator, indicators, height gages, calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc).
- Drawing reading, including working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Basic MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills.
- ERP experience and/or Oracle and Agile system use.
- Working knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.
- Oracle and Agile system use.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.