Location: Portland, OR
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Receive purchased and manufactured parts. Visually inspect parts, and verify accuracy of order. Physically put parts into inventory stock location (central or point-of-use). Monitor JIT (Just-In-Time) and maintain accurate inventory cycle-counts for all sub-assembly work centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull parts for Assembly, Packing, OSP.
- Deliver selected parts to assembly.
- Receive incoming parts, verify part numbers and store parts in proper locations according to stock locations on the computer.
- Responsible for counting all parts that go in and out of stock.
- Record stock transactions on the computer system.
- Work closely with operation personnel.
- Fill transport carts and deliver to work centers.
- Trigger orders with Kanban and transport carts.
- Maintain 5S organized and clean work areas.
- Repair damaged or worn floor markings, parts labels and other area visual control indicators.
- Follow production schedule.
- Ship products and final assembly.
- Ship product to both National customers.
- Perform cycle counts when scheduled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to count parts accurately.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma and/or Associates degree required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Sends, receives and interprets information clearly, accurately, thoroughly, and effectively encompassing interpersonal, cross functional and peer group settings.
- Ability to demonstrate a disciplined thought process to each situation, with the ability to seek out innovative alternatives prior to evaluating and making a decision; anticipates problems and is prepared to propose solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with associates and customers, integrating personal skills with those of others in accomplishing the organizational goals stated in our direction statement and objectives; keeps personal interests subordinated to overall objective.
- Seeks and acts upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality, productivity, and satisfy customer needs and expectations; looks for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminates unnecessary or low priority work; initiates and encourages others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of company part numbers/descriptions and assembly process is highly desirable.
Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Must comply with all work exposure EH&S training requirements and adhere to Sigarms' Security Mandates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.