Marketing Support Specialist - Ammo
Location: Jacksonville, AR
SIG SAUER, Inc. has a vision to be recognized as the most innovative, customer-driven company in shooting sports, personal defense and law enforcement/military, delivering uncompromising quality. We have goals of world- class excellence and achievement in all of our business operations.
The role of the Marketing Support Specialist - Ammo is to support the senior director of brand management in the day to day success of the company’s product ammunition business. Duties will include but not be limited to supporting the product’s marketing campaigns, assist in creating and implementing required support materials to support campaigns and address customer requirements such as technical data and questions and answers. Additionally, work to facilitate projects through the new product development process coordinating with sourcing, quality, engineering, and manufacturing to deliver the product to the market quickly and efficiently. The position will work under the supervision of a senior director of brand management.
Some of the basic duties of the Marketing Support Specialist include facilitating plant tours and events at the factory; creating isometric cut-away drawings for marketing support utilizing company CAD software; generate ballistic gel data, bullet upsets, bullet cross-sections & load inert sample rounds to support sales & marketing functions. Monitoring production and quality initiatives; supporting the senior director of brand management in ensuring that the quality and performance of the products are not compromised. Marketing Support Specialists are the ones who assist in implementing developed strategies to promote a product; help in communicating to the target audience of a product; and monitor the execution of said new products and strategies. They also will work to support the production, distribution and inventory of a product and create/maintain financial, inventory, production and competitive data for analysis.
- Own new product development NPI stage gate process:
- Collecting set-up data from engineering/manufacturing
- Support marketing for creation of various marketing communication literature
- Facilitate data collection for analysis for new product costing, bills of material and ballistic data
- Inventory available to sell/ future build schedule updates
- Supply any/all set-up data & test data
- Support production planning and vendor forecast management
- Maintain competitive cross-reference including product performance comparison with feature & benefit analysis
- Support marketing needs
- Collect/coordinate development of ammunition support items for trade show displays, media events & writer requests
- Proof all marketing communication literature
- Establish and maintain product specifications and packaging specifications and user manuals
Education and Training Requirements:
To acquire the position of the Marketing Support Specialist, one must possess either an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in one of the following courses listed: business management, communication, engineering technician, drafter and other related field of studies or possess an equivalent level of experience.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
The Marketing Support Specialist must be a team player who is organized, analytical and capable of supporting multiple projects and deadlines. They have outstanding written and oral communication skills. The Marketing Support Specialist should also possess strong research skills. Candidate should possess proficiency with MS Office required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.). Knowledge of Oracle and Agile a plus.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.