Category: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Manufacturing Engineer Role responsibilities:
Plan and design manufacturing processes in plant. Expert in determining manufacturing processes for new and breakthrough firearm product designs while providing budgetary estimates for equipment, tools, gages and production rate. Use project management techniques to procure to tooling and equipment for new products to meet launch timelines and cost targets. Evaluate and improve product designs for Manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stackups. Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical systems and manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise required include but not limited to:
• High volume CNC machining fixtures
• Machine / Tool Design
• Metal finishing Originate and develop new systems and processes and manage teams to successfully implement into full production
• Specify and procure new capital equipment in order to meet plant goals for quality, throughput and cost.
• Recommend and implement alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products, and/or procedures and the output and quality of manufacturing processes.
• Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
• Perform as technical leader and resource to co-workers while actively mentoring engineers.
• Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist
Job knowledge, skills and abilities: Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD system. Good working knowledge of materials and heat treating processes. In depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M-1994. Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard. Must be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Must be able to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.