Machine Maintenance Manager
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc., headquartered in a 206,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility at Pease International Trade Port in Newington, New Hampshire ( less than 1 hour north of Boston), is the world’s most renowned manufacturer of firearms. We are the largest member of a worldwide business group of firearms manufacturers that includes J.P. Sauer & Sohn and Blaser, Gmbh. in Germany and Swiss Arms AG in Switzerland. A dedication to superior quality, ultimate reliability, and unmatched performance has made SIG SAUER® pistols and rifles the firearms of choice for responsible citizens and many of the world’s most elite military, government, and law enforcement units.
Unparalleled design expertise, extensive manufacturing capacity, continuous innovation, and a relentless dedication to excellence are driving forces behind the worldwide success of the company, and why SIG SAUER is the brand of choice, when it counts.
Our tremendous growth has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
SIG SAUER will provide relocation assistance if needed!
From within the SIG SAUER's Facilities Group, the Machine Maintenance Manager leads a group of Machine Maintenance Technicians and Preventative Maintenance Technicians throughout several manufacturing facilities. The team’s mission is to ensure the readiness of all manufacturing equipment and keeping machine downtime to an absolute minimum. This position is responsible for ensuring urgency in the diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of machines as well as all preventative maintenance (PM), creation and updating PM documents, schedules, predictive maintenance and creating and maintaining reports, metrics and key performance indicators. It’s the Machine Maintenance Manager’s responsibility to advise management on machine end of life and to help plan for capital expense and replacement based on his recommendations and in depth knowledge of the equipment.
This position requires strong leadership and ability to work well in a team environment and with a diverse group of departments. Proven communication skills are critical to this management role within operations. The Machine Maintenance Manager is responsible for keeping Production and Operations Management informed of all machine status by reporting and holding meetings at a frequency determined by those entities.
Supervise subordinates including performance reviews and disciplinary reports when necessary. The Machine Maintenance Manager must ensure coverage for all locations on all shifts as well as managing time and attendance.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred or a minimum of 10 years in a maintenance management role or 5 years’ experience with documented education in the technical fields or engineering beyond High School.
- At a minimum, the Maintenance Manager must have experience and knowledge pertaining to maintaining production CNC mills, lathes, mill-turns, broaches, and similar machines.
- Controls experience with Fanuc & AB as well as other PLC experience is necessary.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and repair machine problems to minimize down time.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work on several projects at a time, to meet the needs of a rapidly changing environment.
- Work autonomously with little supervision.
Deep understanding of:
- Compressed air
- Computer literacy
- Line voltage, control voltage
Computer knowledge required:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Database experience a plus
- CMMS experience mandatory
- Machine Data Collection experience a plus
- Project Management software a plus
- Ability to create and manage reports and metrics
- Proven record of development and use of KPIs
- Understanding and ability to create a predictive maintenance program
This position may require standing for long periods of time, working frequently on ladders, scaffolds, and lifts. Working in dusty, dirty, hot or wet conditions, possibly confined spaces, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Work can include being outside or on rooftops during inclement weather conditions.
This position must be able to respond to and manage issues pertinent to the position during off hours 24/7.
PPE: This position is required to wear safety glasses or prescription safety glasses with properly fitting and certified side shields. Other PPE may be required depending on environment. Respirator qualifications may be necessary.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.