Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location: Portland, OR
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, performing routine building maintenance tasks which include carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and cooling (HVAC); plumbing, etc.; perform general cleaning; roofs, parking drains, vents, and grills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- --Conduct physical inspections of the facility, grounds, premises, common areas, restrooms, etc. noting repair needs and reporting to facility manager for Service Request (SR) submission.
- --Perform minor electrical maintenance or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switch and outlets, LED, incandescent and florescent bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) Adjust lighting timers as needed.
- --Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging or drains, replacing drain hoses, etc.)
- --Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brushes, sprayers, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting room locks and handles, etc.)
- --Perform routine HVAC maintenance (e.g. general inspection, replacement of filters and belts, clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys, and other machine components). Adjust HVAC set points as needed.
- --Prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, respond to facility SR's as required, and complete all other duties as assigned.
- --Procure needed materials or supplies and submit supporting receipts.
- --Perform preventive maintenance and inspection of assigned equipment in accordance with maintenance schedule and factory specifications. Reports findings and take appropriate actions for repair.
- --Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- --Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- --Works in production when low on maintenance work or when additional output required in assembly, may be assigned tasks outside this job description.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- --Must be 18 years of age or older.
- --High School Diploma or equivalent
- --A minimum of (3) years technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in technical aspects of machinery, plumbing, electrical, equipment repair and maintenance.
- --Must be proficient using computers & software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, etc.
- --Ability to work in a team and independently.
- --Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- --Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate a motor vehicle.
- --Able to provide own transportation as required.
- --Ability to visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- --Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
- -Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- -Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as write routine correspondence.
- --Electrical and/or Mechanical licenses, preferred.
- --Working around machinery, ladders, sharp metal and power tools.
- --Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- --Occasional exposure to welding by-products and hazardous chemicals.
- --Occasional necessity to work at heights greater than one story.
- --Working conditions include outdoor exposure to inclement weather.
- --Moderate adaptability required: work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical and unusual situations.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.