Document Control Specialist
Category: Quality Control
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Collect, maintain and distribute electronic and hard-copied documents, departmental files and resource materials necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes that insure conformance to customer requirements. Develop such documentation with assistance from subject matter experts, when necessary. Manage the operation of document control activities to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner. Recognize problems in document control areas, recommend solutions and put solutions into actions. Become subject matter expert in use of companies existing document control systems, and recommend/drive improvements, including electronic documentation.
Job Function/Primary Responsibilities:
- Collect and maintain documented information of the latest revision levels necessary to control product realization processes throughout all NH manufacturing plants. This includes assuring electronic distribution, access and retrieval, assuring availability at the point of use and assuring relevant personnel are notified. Primary emphasis is on the manufacturing floor.
- In collaboration with quality and manufacturing leads, assure timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users, and assure that obsolete documentation is removed from work areas. Collaborate closely with those assigned to document control duties in specific departments, as applicable.
- Facilitate communication between relevant groups in machine shop, assembly, testing and quality related to documentation, including driving corrective action activity on issues needing improvement. Perform frequent floor audits of manufacturing floor and lead correction of issues found.
- Participate and take leading role in continuous improvement projects related to evolution to paperless (eg, electronic documentation) manufacturing floors.
- Perform administrative duties to generate documents as necessary, with inputs from subject matter experts.
- Lead control of documented information activities in accordance with ISO 9001 standard and participate on ISO 9001 internal audit team. Train others on document control procedures.
- Assist in obtaining quotations, writing requisitions and ordering office supplies as needed
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to next level manager and fellow employees, including between departments.
Education and or Experience:
- High School degree minimum of 2 years related experience. Two (2) year business college degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, MRP systems (eg, Oracle) and PLM systems (eg, Agile)
- Effective planning, organizational and influencing skills, with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Detailed oriented with creative problem solving skills and the ability to get things done.
- Highly motivated, with ability to work independently, and with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.