Director of Business Application Systems
Category: Information Technology
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc. has a vision to be recognized as the most innovative, customer-driven company in shooting sports, personal defense and law enforcement/military, delivering uncompromising quality. We have goals of world- class excellence and achievement in all of our business operations.
Director of Business Application Systems
This Director of Business Applications is responsible for providing strong functional and technical leadership to the teams that support our Oracle Agile PLM and Oracle EBS and other connected systems. The role provides cross functional leadership for implementing and supporting Finance / Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality processes.
- Interface with business users, expert users, and various members of the project team to improve the understanding of Agile PLM and Oracle EBS applications and the synergies that exist within Agile PLM to minimize the need for any customization with solutions and ideas resulting in a business process change when possible.
- Study business user operations and identify areas of potential improvement or possible problems and document requirements for improving the operations. These solutions may consist of new or changed processes, people, or technologies
- Provide guidance to users on effective and efficient approaches to utilizing modules, tools and data.
- Engage with business users and project teams in comprehending project scope, requirements and functions introduced, new processes and data flows and provide cross functional project leadership
- Participate, prepare, provide feedback in requirements, design and use/test case development and reviews these documents to ensure proper processes and standards are followed and coordinate regression testing as required. Must be able to create and present key artefacts like scope documents, use cases, detailed specification of key business rules, activity diagrams, business process mapping diagrams and documentation for cross functional projects.
- Possess the ability to interview various non-technical managers to understand complex, dynamic business rules/process and then create detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation.
- Gather all relevant information before drawing conclusions or making decisions.
- Support a team mind-set with all project members, business owners, and customers to work towards shared goals.
- Elicit information from technical resources to develop workable solutions for customers.
- Double-check work and notices details that others may miss.
- Mentor team members as needed or required; conducts peer review of key deliverables.
- Develop a deep understanding of client applications, customers, and business processes within the areas they support.
- Possess the ability to interact and develop relationships with all levels of personnel, including management, from both business and technology teams.
- Experienced in developing business and use case documents along with a cost/benefit analysis.
- Knows when to flag and escalate a potential issue in a timely manner to avoid missing any milestones.
- Establish positive working relationships with technical project members so that the team receives comprehensive information to build per the requirement.
- Analyse process model for gaps, process improvements, and strategic impact.
- Strong communication, Project management and interpersonal skills required.
- Functionally and technically very strong in functionality EBS 11.5.10 to 12.2.3 with good knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i/R12 Discrete Manufacturing and Supply Chain Planning.
- Functionally and technically very strong in Agile PLM functionality (PC, PQM, PPM, EC)
- Excellent functional, analytical, troubleshooting, debugging and problem-solving skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Experience managing multiple aspects of business applications including support, development, database, and systems analysts.
- Must be able to use basic SQL for producing analytical data when looking at solutions
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects in fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing local and remote resources.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related area, or equivalent work experience (Preferred 10-15 years professional experience, 5 years managing applications teams required).
- Experience with business modelling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies.
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions, and collaborate and work with a team. Candidates must also have planning/organizing skills, strong attention to detail, and be customer focused.
Sig Sauer, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.