CNC Machine Operator - 1st shift Weekends 20% DIFF!
Location: Exeter, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc. is seeking a Machine Operator to perform daily activities associated with the manufacture of finished and semi-finished machined goods using automated and manual equipment and processes to meet end customer needs. This role will report to the Machining Supervisor and is based in Exeter, NH.
The 1st shift weekend position offers a 20% shift differential!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quality requirements.
- Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
- Machines parts by utilizing CNC machines to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by complying with organization standards and legal regulations
- Must be able to respond professionally to process improvements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Move materials and maintain work area
- Responsible for visual and physical quality of the parts being loaded and unloaded.
- Have the ability to identify and replace any broken or worn tools and make tool offsets.
- Be able to do setups of previously proven jobs with little instruction.
- Examination of surfaces in order to find defects.
- Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces.
- Ensures 100% on-time delivery by meeting established cycle times; making recommendations to decrease setup and cycle times
- Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs and continuously improves productivity by accurately tracking job time through bar coding or other means
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Proficient in shop mathematics in order to; calculate tool offsets, home positions, and verify print dimensions. Has basic understanding of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work with a High Attention to detail
- Ability to work safely in a variety of situations, follow rules and established processes
- Works well in a team environment. Good communication skills.
- Know how to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges to check parts according to drawings.
- A good attitude along with a desire to work in a team environment
- Willingness to grow and learn in an ever evolving industry
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience and ability with measuring tools, calipers, micrometers
- Basic computer and math skills required
- Some experience in reading drawings is helpful
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice, specifically those involving metal cutting
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.