CNC Machine Operator - 2nd & 3rd shifts available!
Location: Dover, NH
CNC Machine Operator
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is looking for CNC Machine Operators to run a variety of CNC equipment in our production shop in Dover, NH. Experience with 2,3 and 4 axis machines is preferred, as well as both mill and lathe experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quality requirements.
- Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
- Machines parts by utilizing CNC machines to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by complying with organization standards and legal regulations
- Must be able to respond professionally to process improvements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Move materials and maintain work area
- Responsible for visual and physical quality of the parts being loaded and unloaded.
- Have the ability to identify and replace any broken or worn tools and make tool offsets.
- Be able to do setups of previously proven jobs with little instruction.
- Examination of surfaces in order to find defects.
- Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces.
- Ensures 100% on-time delivery by meeting established cycle times; making recommendations to decrease setup and cycle times
- Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs and continuously improves productivity by accurately tracking job time through bar coding or other means.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prior experience with CNC Machining Centers in a mass production environment is a plus.
- Previous CNC experience is required for this position and candidates must have previous experience in a machine shop environment.
- CNC machining, calipers and micrometers, blueprint reading, production machining, vertical mills, CNC/mill/lathe experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Proficient in shop mathematics in order to; calculate tool offsets, home positions, and verify print dimensions. Has basic understanding of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work with a High Attention to detail
- Ability to work safely in a variety of situations, follow rules and established processes
- Works well in a team environment. Good communication skills.
- Know how to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges to check parts according to drawings.
- A good attitude along with a desire to work in a team environment
- Willingness to grow and learn in an ever evolving industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Trade school a plus
- Experience and ability with measuring tools, calipers, micrometers
- Basic computer and math skills required
- Some experience in reading drawings is helpful
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice, specifically those involving metal cutting
- The incumbent is required to regularly lift, carry, bend, move, and manage materials weighing up to 45 pounds each on a regular basis.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.