CMM Programmer - MODUS, DMIS, CAMIO
Location: Exeter, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc. has a vision to be recognized as the most innovative, customer-driven company in shooting sports, personal defense and law enforcement/military, delivering uncompromising quality. We have goals of world- class excellence and achievement in all of our business operations.
SIG SAUER will provide relocation assistance if needed!
Provide Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming in MODUS and DMIS/CAMIO and machining/quality expertise in support of daily production and continuous improvement activities for Renishaw Equator™ flexible gaging systems.
Must be a self-starting and highly motivated team player, with the ability to communicate and interact with manufacturing, engineering and quality to provide support at all levels to satisfy our product, quality and on time delivery.
- Work closely at all times and assist the CNC programming group, engineers, quality leadership/ inspectors and Equator Implementer in a CMM technical support /training role
- For assigned products, work with available resources (programmers and equipment), ensuring production stops are at an absolute minimum
- Develop, edit, and implement existing programs on moderately complex part applications using MODUS software from 3D solid-models and 2D drawings as per instructions of senior level CMM programmers
- Ability to set up and prove out programs to fully prevent crashes and faulty outputs with minimum supervision but possibly with the guidance of a senior programmer and best practice guidelines
- Ability to create stylus systems to satisfy program requirements.Ability to edit, replace and modify stylus systems as needed or required to satisfy program needs.
- Maintain and improve library of programs to maintain current drawing revisions. Also update all necessary proven out programs in the current network for all applicable existing programs, for assigned products.
- Train and develop less experienced programmers, and work closely with the CNC programming department on developing best practice to improve and update processes as needed
- Train operators on best practices with both machine operation and quality inspection methods.
- Perform surface plate layout and inspection using conventional measurement equipment (micro-height, comparator, sine plates, height stands, etc...) as required for production or operational needs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (including geometry and trigonometry) to prove out part dimensions.
- Utilize available resources to ensure programs are available prior to production, regardless of originator, including: First Articles (FA’s), revisions, and new product launches.
- Utilize available resources to develop programs when gaging is not readily available for production or to assist Metrology on inspecting gages in support of regular production.
- Maintain open communication between the CMM group, Equator group and immediate supervision, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work with other departments in the completion of CMM project work related to continuous improvement (eg, gage R&R’s, quality MSA’s, Equator integration)
Maintain continuity among work shifts through documentation and communication.
Basic understanding and application of problem solving and quality fundamentals, including root cause analysis; process control and variation reduction (eg, six-sigma, statistical process control (SPC)); and lean principles including 5S and Visual Management.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a CMM Programmer using Modus/DMIS/CAMIO software with 3-5 years’ experience as a Quality inspector, including surface plate layout work.
Can effectively program articulating and fixed head CMMs, including set-up, and prove out, with minimal supervision.
Able to read and interpret technical drawings per ASME Y14.5M-2009 and otherwise have a highly proficient knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
Effective communication skills, and the ability to work with others in a team environment
High School Diploma or equivalent required and BS / AS degree in mechanical, manufacturing, quality or other engineering discipline preferred
Basic office computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and MRP systems (eg, Oracle).
Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a requirement and must be used and followed per company policies and procedures
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.