Assembler (1st, 2nd & 3rd shift)
Location: Newington, NH
Assembler - Pease (1st, 2nd & 3rd shift available)!
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
SIG SAUER, Inc. Assemblers receive, disassembles, refinishes, reassembles, test fires, performs final inspection, and packages firearms to CPO status.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemblers are responsible for all department related tasks as directed by the department Lead/Supervisor or an appointed representative.
- Product assembly includes, but is not limited to, piece part preparation, slide assembly, frame assembly, configuration modification, hand gun assembly, product packaging and magazine assembly.
- All assembly assignments will be completed by the interpretation and comprehension of written and verbal instructions.
- Small hand tools and machinery used in these endeavors require manual dexterity and basic safety awareness.
- Perform cutting/destroying of scrapped firearms and disposing of related material.
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery used by department (bead blast units, cutting saw, and/or chop saw.
- Ensure work area is in accordance with 5S program.
- All employees are responsible and accountable for their personal performance. Advancement is achieved through personal merit and performance continuously beyond the expectations of the current grade level.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Sends, receives and interprets information clearly, accurately, thoroughly, and effectively encompassing interpersonal, cross functional and peer group settings.
- Must comply with all work exposure EH&S training requirements and adhere to SIG SAUER Inc. Security Mandates.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.